What? Your country doesn't sell Milo?
- 100ml rice malt syrup
- 25g salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1.5-2 teaspoons raw/dutch processed cacao powder
- Have a sheet of parchment ready, for a quick turn out of the toffee.
- Melt your butter in a medium heat cast iron/stainless steel frying pan.
- Add your rice syrup and stir them together until combined and bubbling.
- Let the rice syrup and butter bubble away slowly together for ~10 minutes. As soon as you detect a change to a darker golden colour, get it onto the baking sheet ASAP.
- Leave on a baking sheet to harden for 1/2 hour.
- Break shards of the praline up. Add your vanilla powder and cacao and blitz together for 30 seconds until a fine chocolate sand has formed.
- Pop it in a jar and it will keep nicely for a couple of weeks.
To make cold Milo:
- Dissolve a heaped teaspoon into a bit of boiled water. Add milk and ice.
To make hot Milo:
- Dissolve 1-2 heaped teaspoons and 200ml of milk per serving. Warm for a few minutes on the stove.
To use as a topping:
- Sprinkle generously.