This thread is a follow up to:
- CL Short Story Project 6: Discussion Thread
- The CL Short Story Anthology: Vol.5: Download and Feedback Thread
- The CL Short Story Anthology: Vol.4: Download and Feedback Thread
- The CL Short Story Anthology: Vol.3: Download and Feedback Thread
- The CL Short Story Anthology: Vol.2: Download and Feedback Thread
- The CL Short Story Anthology: Vol.1: Download and Feedback Thread
Format, Topic, and Restrictions
Since both polls favoured two things specifically that can also be mixed with one another, this Project's topic is going to have a bit of a spectrum of choice to it. You will be choosing aspects of Romance and/or War in your story. Ideally, you can have both in your story, but if you feel like you'd rather write about just one of the two that's allowed as well. Love stories and War stories both have the potential of a lot of drama and dramatic events occurring. War stories are usually focused more on the harshness of the outside world and other large struggles, while Romance novels and love itself involves more internal and socially intimate conflict, if there even is any conflict at all. Use this contrast to help write or intertwine the ideas.
The Approved Format
- Aim to have a word limit around 2000 to 8000. Its okay if you come up short or overshoot by a little, especially if you're participating for the first time.
- Don't bother with fancy fonts or line spacing, I'll just end up making the entire Anthology a single font and space!
- Your story should be your own. That means no fan fiction, or tie-in fiction to existing stories or media (unless they are your own). You have to be original.
- Please Save your written work in Rich Text Format (.RTF)before finalizing it and submitting it to me. See the below image:
And a standard NSFW Rule:
The following Not Safe for Work Restrictions apply:
There may be no purely sexual scenes in your story. While your story may have sexual aspects, taking it too far will have you disqualified. Tasteless smut will not be tolerated! You can get away with implying a scene like this, if it furthers the plot and does not become excessive. Remember that we have younger users on here!
Submitting Your Story
Once you feel that you're finished, you can send me the .rtf file directly on skype, although you and I both have to be online at the same time for that to work. I recommend using Mediafire or DropBox to upload your file and then you can send me a link to download it myself. That method is really the more easier of the two.
You have from now (June 30th) until August 15th to submit your story.