We have reached that time again, fellow users. The time where we could use a helping hand on the moderation team. Remember, being on staff is not simply a shiny new badge and a new role. You are asked to have dedication to CL, and to be able to handle drama both firmly and fairly. As you know, Moderators are capable of seeing posts that are flagged and help to remove those flagged appropriately, able to ban users who are troublesome, and able to mute troublesome users in the chat. These responsibilities will fall to you, as well as the rest of staff.
The two most important pre-requisites for applying are as follows:
- Time: Are you actually here a lot of the time? Do you only come around once or twice every week? Have you been a member for a long time? We do not want moderators that we rarely see.
- Age: Ideally, if you are under 18 years of age, your schedule could be quite extensive. Not to mention as moderators we ask for mature, formal handling of situations, even involving people we don't like.
Please send in your application, answering the questions below, to @--Jack-- with the Private Message system.
- Why would you like to be a CL Moderator?
- What do you think you can bring to the site as a moderator?
- What do you do in your free time, apart from posting on CL?
- Does your schedule allow you to dedicate adequate time to moderating the site?
- Which project-related content are you interested in organizing and participating in?
- If you could change one thing about CL, what would it be?
- How old are you?
- What is your current/future country of residence/timezone?
- What is your Skype username? (Staff discusses things in a Skype group. You will need to be regularly available on this platform.)
The Deadline for Submissions is Thursday, March 9th, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I don't know if I meet these requirements...what should I do?
A: Submit anyway! You never know, we may want you.
Q: Do I need advanced technical experience?
A: Nope, although its nice to have.
Q: Do members of the CL staff get paid?
Original Thread Image credit goes to @DarkChaplain