This thread is a follow up to:
- CL Short Story Project 7: Discussion Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.6: Download and Feedback Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.5: Download and Feedback Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.4: Download and Feedback Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.3: Download and Feedback Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.2: Download and Feedback Thread
- The Colorless Short Story Anthology: Vol.1: Download and Feedback Thread
For the full project details, please refer to those threads.
As my proposed project topic has not received any blowback or counter proposals, and instead was met with enthusiasm, the topic of this project will be based on the following line:
The End of All You Know
Let this phrase run through your head and think about it. Think of the possibilities it covers. We all experience turning points in our lives that see us dumbfounded.
In my eyes, this could offer a range from personal, even internal conflicts of characters, or even go as big as the end of the world or universe, with everything in between that puts an ending of some sort into focus. It could be about an old man suffering from Alzheimers, dark gods wiping out humankind, or something as small as moving to a new town or graduating school. You can go many places with it, and draw upon a lot of personal experience I believe, so it is appealing tome.
It also allows you to pour your own ideas and thoughts into it, your own moral standings or outlooks. Do you think a particular end is soulcrushing, or merely a new beginning? Is the end inevitable or laced with regret? Or maybe it is even something to aspire to and rise above? Honestly, you can shape your stories to your own mindframe, or try breaking out of your preconceived notions. Either way, it looks exciting to me.
The Approved Format
- Aim to have a word limit around 1500 to 10000. Its okay if you come up short or overshoot by a little, especially if you're participating for the first time. I decided to lower the entry point by another 500 words from last time, to encourage some more dabbling here.
- Don't bother with fancy fonts or line spacing, I'll just end up making the entire Anthology a single font and space!
- If you require your story to feature a second font type, which may be used to show machine-speak or other curiosities (which is not uncommon in Fiction), please let me know ahead of time.
- Your story should be your own. That means no fan fiction, or tie-in fiction to existing stories or media (unless they are your own). You have to be original.
- Please Save your written work in Rich Text Format (.RTF)before finalizing it and submitting it to me. See the below image:
The following Not Safe for Work Restrictions apply:
There may be no gratuitously sexual scenes in your story. While your story may have sexual aspects, taking it too far will have you disqualified. Tasteless smut will not be tolerated! You can get away with implying a scene like this, if it furthers the plot and does not become excessive. Remember that we have younger users on here!
- An additional request: If you use italics, please mark them as you would on the forum by placing two asterisks around the word or phrase! This will help me when formatting your stories for the ebooks!
Submitting Your Story
Do NOT post your full story, or huge chunks of it, on this thread or anywhere else on the forum!
Send me your *.RTF file via PM on here, or alternatively via Skype (@ DarkChaplain). You may use dropbox or similar sites to upload your file for easy sharing.
You have from today (Friday, April 14th) until Sunday, May 21st to submit your story.
Thanks @--Jack-- for doing the calendar thing last time. That makes it so much easier to visualize, doesn't it?
Now, Good Writing!