The year is 3587. Conflict spans the stars as huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. In their bid for galactic supremacy, they call upon the most powerful group of mercenaries in the universe: the Awesomenauts!
Awesomenauts is a MOBA fitted into the form of an accessible 3-on-3 action platformer. Head out to the online battlefields together with your friends as an online party or in local splitscreen, and never worry about having to wait for an online match because of drop-in matchmaking!
Devise strategies as you upgrade and customize each character's skills to suit your playing style. Expect new items, features, DLC and Awesomenauts to be added regularly!
- Saturday morning is back – 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with a bright 80's cartoon style
- It’s a MOBA! – classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases and tactical depth are all present. Awesomenauts adds fast paced platforming gameplay to create a truly unique and accessible MOBA experience
- The Awesomenauts – take control of an extensive cast of highly customizable Awesomenauts, each with their own attacks and skills.
- Splitscreen action – Online and offline play with up to 3 players in local splitscreen!
- Regular updates - Regular additions of new Awesomenauts, balance updates, DLC and more.
- Don't criticize it, customize it! – hundreds of unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your Awesomenaut to suit your personal playing style!
- Push it to the limit – Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
Awesomenauts Thread. This is something I'd like to play with CL people, as it is quick (~15 minutes per match), not too stressful to play and simply a hell lot of fun.
Think League of Legends but in 2D, with less clutter, less preplanning and complex character builds, but with loads of entertainment value and flavor.
The game costs $9.99 / 9,99€, with a 3-Pack going for $19.98 / 19,98€.
Apart from the initial cost, this game won't sell you characters, and it is getting new ones fairly frequently (a new one is supposed to be introduced soon, and judging from the reveal-livestream, she's suitably awesome). Some of the more recent characters are also inspired and voiced by famous interwebz people, like the Yogscast, TotalBiscuit, Ash from Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'? and Jesse Cox. There's also a Creeper (Minecraft) Skin for Clunk.
Other than that, all DLC is either the (awesome) Soundtrack or Skin Packs for the Awesomenauts - and they're pretty damn cool.