I'd prefer DC to take his time and finish it to the maximum, so I don't mind waiting at all.
To make the wait a bit more enjoyable, I'll offer some notes more:
- I have read through Ecstasy's story, Posterium, Rinneko's Transposition and Ucui's Artificial Heart. I enjoyed all of them.
- Ecstasy's story offers a lot of room for expansion, and the setting has a lot of promise. I've already encouraged her to keep writing if she feels tempted to explore it more.
- Rinneko's story is a lot more self-contained and dives into a more personal theme, combining it with a post-modern future vision of our world. Outside of very minor mistakes, her prose was damn solid.
- Ucui's story was the saddest of the bunch so far. It was very creative and evocative, though there's been a lot of repetition in his prose, especially with how he addressed his characters. For the future, I'd think a bit more variety in wording would beneficial.
- All three stories received minor edits while reading,
- Jack's story is the most futuristic I've read so far, and the first which took to space. His setting is interesting, to say the least.
I have also started on the PDF version. I thought I'd do something more interesting this time, and use Adobe InDesign for that, rather than using shitty export. As a result, the PDF version this time should be a lot shinier, though I have to iron out some kinks with the software first.
However, .epub or .mobi formats will stay the recommended way to read the anthology.
If I work on this any more than this, I'll go mentally insane. Enjoy the fancy new PDF edition