According to English language Wikipedia:
"English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England and is now a global lingua franca. It is spoken as a first language by the majority populations of several sovereign states, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and a number of Caribbean nations; and it is an official language of almost 60 sovereign states. It is the third-most-common native language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese and Spanish. It is widely learned as a second language and is an official language of the European Union, many Commonwealth countries and the United Nations, as well as in many world organisations."
I am pretty sure the majority of you people use English language in your daily lives, to those who live in the sovereign states and also to the people who often logged on TheColorless, so I need not say this because obviously we use English.
So here is the thread about our main language used, ENGLISH. Here you may post:
- (fun) facts and trivia.
- English joke(s) and pun(s).
- how a certain word is pronounced.
- the meaning of it.
- words which bring an entire different meaning to some cultures or country.
- the correct spelling of it.
- possibly even a short-form of certain sentences (since we live in an era where people shorten words and sentences a lot) whether it's a question or an answer, or just plain simple info.
- Also other possible things that fit in this thread as long as it's relevant to the topic.
Call it an appreciation thread, or a dictionary thread, or even a fun thread which is exclusive to English language.