This is not the forum you're looking for

Join a laid-back, close-knit community of mixed interests Get a free account!

Parent: The English Thread

  1. #838382014-10-23 01:28:42Sobby said:

    I thought this was a bit odd, but did you know that the word (Color) is spelled (Colour) in Canada, UK and most Commonwealth countries. From what i looked up, Colour is the proper way to spell the word, it comes up incorrect on my pc because i have American software, but I don't know about other people. I'm Canadian and have always spelled it (Color) but i think at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

  2. #840802014-10-28 16:05:30Rinneko said:

    Yeah. Conventionally, 'colour' is British English while 'color' is American English. Likewise, while the British rules would dictate 'abnormalise', American spelling would write 'abnormalize'. I heard Canadian English is a mixture of British and American though, but I'm not sure.

    If you're interested, here are some vocabulary differences between British and American English.