The Colorless Chess Club!
Hello one and all. Yesterday we had quite a bit of fun playing chess. And as it turns out, we have people who are really into it. So I would like to propose a Colorless Chess Club (CCC) to organize chess fights between CL chess masters and to give people new to it a chance to learn this great game.
And chess is a great game. A game of intelligence, a game of tacticians, a game of kings! And, most of all, it's a fun game that really makes you think and concentrate. So yes, it's good training for the brain and it's a good fun, so there's no reason not to try it.
For now I would like for those interested in joining this activity to write here and say so. Additionally, don't be shy and share your game preference. Do you prefer to play unlimited time game or timed one? What is the good time to play for you (and what's your timezone, yeah)? How often would you like to gather up for this? Do you want to see free friendly matches or tournaments with rigid brackets?
Now, I myself think that we should have this as a monthly event, some time on weekends, but depending on your feedback and on how this will go, times and conditions may be subject to change, so nothing is set in stone.
In any case, write here even if you just like chess or never even played it and really want to. Members of any experience are welcome.
Second Chess Tournament starts on 18th!
- Deadline for signing up is June 17th, and everyone can join as long as they register on Lichess site.
- Tournament follows single-elimination rules. One lost match and you are out.
- After the tournament match, results much be posted on this thread. Preferable way is for loser to post the match link and for the winner to confirm in sub-post that it was indeed a tournament match.
- Participants can continue to play chess with each other and people not participating in tournament. And should, because chess is fun. Even if it is your opponent for that round, after your tournament match and posting results, you can have other games with them all you want.
- In case there would be no match between participants during the 7-day period, outcome will be decided on case-by-case basis. By me. If I determine that both participants are to blame for not being able to schedule a match, both may be out. If I would be sure it's a fault of just one person, that person may be out and their opponent would be moved to the next round. I obviously hope we will be able to avoid cases like that though.
- Matches will be held on lichess.org in a regular format - friendly game with creator picking random side and no time limit.
- Even though games won't have time limit, please don't drag the games out just to drag them out. Be mindful of your opponent.
- If players have no pieces left but their kings, or in case of stalemate situation, it is considered a draw and the match must be replayed to determine a winner.
- Even if you know who is your opponent for the next round match is, you should not have tournament matches against them before that round start. This is to help the flow of the tournament be more organized and to avoid some possible problems with brackets.
Second Tournament Results:
Round 2 (25.06 - 02.07):
@Taro_Tanako vs @Biscuits. Winner: @Taro_Tanako
@Teru vs @Rebel. Winner: @Teru
@BakaHime vs @Teil. Winner: @BakaHime
@schmidt vs @Qarr. Winner: @Qarr
@Lieutenant vs @Kirn. Winner: @Kirn
@Wolfangle vs @Enami. Winner: @Wolfangle
@Koushiro vs @Sheep. Winner: @Sheep
@Zyxx23 vs @AshitoKenji. Winner: @AshitoKenji
Round 3 (03.07):
First Tournament Results:
Round 1 (15.12 - 18.12):
@AshitoKenji vs @EvoRulz. Winner: @AshitoKenji
@CloudVariasKira vs @effect. Winner: @effect
@Koushiro vs @Kirn. Winner: @Kirn
@BakaHime vs @Teru. Winner: @BakaHime
@Zyxx23 vs @Rinneko. Winner: @Zyxx23
Round 2 (19.12 - 21.12):
@Grinners vs @AshitoKenji. Winner: @AshitoKenji
@Wolfangle vs @Kip. Winner: @Wolfangle
@123-456-7890 vs @effect. Winner: @123-456-7890
@Teil vs @Kirn. Winner: @Kirn
@Lieutenant vs @BakaHime. Winner: @BakaHime
@Taro_Tanako vs @schmidt. Winner: @Taro_Tanako
@Drentii vs @Zyxx23. Winner: @Zyxx23
@Frey vs @Rebel. Winner: @Rebel