So do you remember the art book project that never sees the light of the day?
This thread is a continuation of the project!
So if you love drawing and really want this project to be a success, go on ahead and join this project.
"But.. but I don't know how to draw.."
Don't worry about that, because we also allow sketches! Yes you read that exactly right. Sketches! We actually already planned to have a section for sketch so you can submit as much sketches and doodles to your heart content!
In fact, here are the sections listed, in case you're too lazy to click the link to the previous post, it's a little modified but nothing that goes out of the topic:
Server-kun and Server-tan Section:
Within this section, you may dress them up in various outfits from the following categories: folklore, mythology, history, national/traditional dress (for example, a kimono, a hanbok, or something of the sort), job cosplay, and fantasy/sci-fi cosplay.
In this, you may draw versions of yourselves or your fellow users on CL- for instance, drawing a picture of Kip and SirTingles as the "No Fun Police", Kirn wielding his trusty shovel, or DarkChaplain and Warlock being nerds, but please make sure you get their permission!
Sketches and Doodles:
Having a "bad art day" or don't have much confidence in your artwork? It's fine, just sketch and doodle some stuff and submit it here. MS Paint and silly art are included.
Short Comics Section:
You may draw comics from 1-5 pages in length featuring the server avatars, users, or staff. 4-koma comics are also welcome! (and the previous entries will be included, as well.)
So here is the moment you all been waiting for. The arrangement is done, took a lot of my time (other than me being busy and lazy with life but that is life yes) so here is the PDF file I decided to release for the community.
Here is the list of users who have participated in the project:
So here's a bit information about the file, and what you can do with it:
- It has 108 pages in total (including covers), 54 when you view in PDF because it's already merged together.
- The horizontal drawings are vertical in this book to get a good view and it's meant to be printed if you ever want to.
- The file size is 51.8MB. So it might take a while for you to view. Just download it away and keep it safe inside your device alright.
- If you ever want to print it, I recommend it to be printed in hardcover and preferably matt lamination (this is optional, though, it doesn't have to be a hardcover, but it's nice that way) and perfect binding. The type of paper inside should be art paper but the gsm depends on you guys which to use, they'd usually recommend it or show it to you so you can choose yourself. Tell them to cut the page in half since they're merged. The size of one page is A4 (210mm width x 297mm height), so two page combined becomes A3 size (420mm width x 297mm height).
- The very first page (the cover) is already the front and back cover page. So, don't panic.
- The cover of the artbook is drawn by @Kaimi. Good talent right there and I'm so glad she accepted my request to draw for the artbook cover, you go girl!
- Two of the long drawings I get, I had to crop them so it can be viewed fully without a problem, I am so sorry for the inconvenience, to @Rebel and @Izukio, I super love your long drawings, though, keep up the good work!
- Accordingly to the PDF file, page 5-22 should be the Servers section, 23-42 is the users section, 43-50 is the comic/4-koma section and 51-53 is the sketches section. Followed by the last page which is the credit to the users/artists. I know I didn't specify the sections, as it would consume more pages, so there you have it.
Seriously, give them many thanks and congratulation to them for their participation and making this possible to be made into an artbook. Many of these submissions I received from them or either from other users in their stead. So I appreciate all the participation and co-operation I get during all this time.
I know I'm slow and all and I'd like to apologize for the super long delay of this project to be done, and you guys just keep submitting, I love all the feedback I got, you guys are the best. I will also apologize if the content doesn't look as fancy as you'd hoped it to be, or whatever since I'm the only one to do everything. I wanted it to look as simple as it can be, and it's still our first try anyway. We can do better than this in the future. Who knows one day we'll be able to make a 2nd artbook, amen to that.