I've been living in Florida for nearly 10 years now so hurricanes are nothing new to me. I played outside through Francis and Irene, had Wilma take my favorite tree down, and Charlie cracked my mom's windshield. Even so, I'll probably be doing very little in preparation for the storm, outside of charing up all of my devices and downloading a ton of reading materials.
My actual list is as follows:
- Kick myself in the ass for telling my boss I could work through the hurricane.
- Fill bathtub with water so I have water to flush the toilet with in the event of a power outage.
- Stock up on snack food, I'll eat real food at work.
- Stock up on drinks and ice.
- move everything off the porch inside to not have it smash through our sliding glass door.
- Get ready for a lot of lounging and reading and drawing
- Purchase lots of alcohol to pass the time being stupid with friends.