References and other useful stuff for artists.
Here is a proper remake of the Art resources thread from the old CL website. Enjoy.
Recommended links & Art book downloads
- Posemaniacs - Pose and anatomy reference in 3d.
- Loomis artbooks - Downloadable artbooks, that I highly recommend to read! Everyone should read them newbies as well as more experienced artists.
- Dynamic Anatomy
- ArtsyPoses - Hundreds of free reference on poses. Best reference site out there, what I've stumbled upon.
- This list, man. - @Nandaba personal resource list.
- 4chan/ic/'s Art resource website.
- Hunderds of free books on art
- Drawing books - Artbooks free and readable in your browser.
- Eliot Goldfingers's Human Anatomy for artists.
- A several artbooks for download.
- Josef Zrzavy Anatomy - Recommended by @eterno, contains nudity and real life photo reference, NSFW.
- Gimp - A program similar to photoshop.
- Art rage - 30 days free trial on Artrage 3.
- Artweaver - There is two versions one for free that contains lesser features, and one that cost money that contains more features.
- Paint.net - Simple and easy program, good for beginners.
- Inkscape - An illustration program, good for creating vector arts. ChibiPaint - A Oekaki program.
Some of these are NSFW.
- Senshistock - a deviantArt just for the purpose of uploading reference for artists.
- Human anatomy for artist - This site isn't for all for free, but there is some free samples.
- Metlys stock - References with fantasy clothing and such.
- Tusiart's medieval stock
- Tasastock - Dynamic poses, backgrounds, animals and object references.
- The human body at NeonDragon
- Big Guide to Drawing the Body by Cedarseed
- Figure drawing: Basic Pose and Construction by William Li at elfwood
- Multi-reference Sketches (Hands and eyes) by what-i-do-is-secret
- Reference: Poses 02 by what-i-do-is-secret
- Eye Reference by CrimsonBandit
- Multi-reference Sketches 001 by ~what-i-do-is-secret
- Right Hand - Reference by WindsweptSummer
- Multireference: Hands and Feet by what-i-do-is-secret
- Tutorial: Human figure by Kitten-chan
- Gesture tool
- Reference: Men's clothing by what-i-do-is-secret
- TUTORIAL: Folds in Clothing by ember-snow
- Super Sugar: Clothing Tutorial by SugarSugarHyperLolly
- Clothing Reference - Edit by treijim
- Tutorial: Clothes and Folds by Kitten-chan
- Expression tutorial by alexds1
- Emotions and Facial Expression by Cedarseed
- Emotions Key For Reference. by sugarxsickness
- Anime emotions reference by MarilynJay
Backgrounds & Effects
- How to do a manga background out of real photos by pandabaka
- Night background tutorial by C4mi
- Water Background Tutorial by kaykaykit
- Easy Sky background Tutorial by athlas
- Background Tutorial by kokamo77
- Glow tutorial by Sadir89
- Sky Tutorial____Part One by Sadir89
- Trees Tutorial by Sadir89
- Short tutorial- Clouds by Sadir89
- The Perspective Tutorial by sashas
- Head Perspective Chart by yuumei
- Perspective + Composition Pt.1 by fox-orian
- Perspective for Dummies 6 by mayshing
- The Lineart Tutorial by sashas
- Photoshop Inking Tutorial by Spirallin
- LineArt Tutorial by citruskiss
Colouring & Shading;
- Eye-coloring Tutorial by Deamond89
- Manga-Shading-Tutorial by Deamond89
- Colouring Tutorial ._. by DewNoir
- Colouring Tutorial by Omar-Dogan
- A Digital Coloring Tutorial: 3 by joulee
- Learn Cell shading with Nekoni-sensei
- Face shading trials by what-i-do-is-secret
- More tips overcoming Artist's block
- Stuck with ART BLOCK? Tutorial by ghostarin
- Stuck with art block blog - If you're stuck with an artblock this is a good place to get rid of it!
- The anatomy of Art block
- How to beat Artist's block
MANGA to REALISTIC
- Part ONE
- Part TWO
- Part THREE
- Part FOUR
- Part FIVE
- Part SIX
- Part SEVEN
- Part EIGHT
- Part NINE
- Part TEN
- Part ELEVEN
- Part TWELVE
Feel free to suggest links and point out errors or broken links.