No badges yet
This user hasn't setup their profile yet. What a shame!
Inuca joined on Jul 5th, 2013, since that has made 11 posts that are still accessible today, 0 of which are threads. Helping shape the community, Inuca has given 18 upvotes, and was last online on Nov 5th, 2014.
SnowpiercerThe movie is about a rebellion. An attempt to reach the front of the train and change order within it. It's pretty interesting. Think I'd give it a 4/5. Worth taking a look at.
A movie with a post apocalypse setting, a lot of those lately, with a frozen unsurvivable world.
The survivors all reside in a fast moving train that sustains a self supporting environment. The cars have everything from an aquarium to a garden.
The train was built by a mysterious figure known only as Wilford, who resides with the engine of the train and keeps it running. The rear of the train houses those who boarded for free and their descendants. They are kept in the worst conditions. Locked in, and fed disgusting black protein bars that look like jello. They are overcrowded and can't take baths.
That's nice to know... I knew preggos weren't supposed to touch cat litter but this kind of takes it to a new level.
Kubera is pretty awesome. It kind of starts off a bit slow but if you stick with it it's pretty cool.
I will watch this. (Feels deprived because she hasn't seen this already.)
So I'm just going to tell you right now for future reference, you made a grave mistake by calling me into this thread. I'm going to ignore it right now because I don't like taking part in stupid arguments but please refrain from including me in a conversation I didn't willing partake in when considering the future.
Also don't call me a kid. Pretty sure I'm older than you...
I have a habit of jumping like Mario when I reach the top step of a long flight of stairs, also talking out loud to myself when I do something embarrassing, and I speak to animals as if they were little kids. (kids not babies)
I was going to make a joke about a will, but the punchline was a dead giveaway.
I was going to make a joke about being inverse, but I got it backwards.
I was going to tell you a secret about a baker, but it's on a knead to know basis.
Was going to throw in a joke about a momma dog's puppies, but that would be littering.
The Lone Ranger
Honestly this is one of the few recent movies (that I've seen) I wouldn't label as completely terrible. The majority of the movie is well planned, even if the comedy is a bit light and childish, and the action scenes are great. There were a few things that I didn't think were that complimentary to the movie, could even have been left out, but it is worth going to see.
- The beginning/ intro to the movie is an interesting setting, the young boy and the old Tonto telling him a story at a fair of some sorts, but it has its faults. The way the movie begins, with an ancient looking Tonto telling a story, and ends, with him disappearing, makes a sequel seem inappropriate, IMO. Hopefully they don't decide to continue this story because the first one already shows that that the time of the Lone Ranger and Tonto has ended.
- I feel that this movie could have done better without the "damsel in distress" romance added on, for a couple of reasons. One, I feel that by trying to add the romance vibe the movie was trying too hard to cover too many bases. Also Dan Reed's wife did not seem to pay much heed when she learned that her husband was dead. The first time, as hostages in the canon, I thought perhaps she had missed the hint and didn't realize her husband was dead. The second time when it was so bluntly stated in the train car, I found her reaction a bit cold. Then, merely a few hours after learning of her husband's death, dear Rebecca kisses "the right brother" full on the mouth. So much for loving husband and wife.
The Minor Quirks:
- How did Tonto escape unscathed in his childhood while everyone else was killed to protect the location of the silver?
- How did Tonto escape the jail cell? (We're shown him eyeing the keys but I don't believe we're ever told for sure. Of course I might have missed something.)
- The cannibalistic rabbits were a bit out there for this movie in my opinion.
My Ninja Cow Army! Muwhahahahahah!