Pretty well here for chat, and to ramble on.
Feel free to message me, I don't often bite.
xiaden joined on Jul 9th, 2014, since that has made 98 posts that are still accessible today, 2 of which are threads. Helping shape the community, xiaden has given 136 upvotes, and was last online on Aug 20th, 2018.
There isn't enough hours in the day left for me to take care of myself with all the jobs I have to accomplish at work. I've seriously done the math, and it's impossible. I'm already running on 5 hours of sleep a night at best. Quit expecting everything that gets handed to me to come out exceptional. Quit handing me broken pieces of a job someone else was supposed to do. Most importantly, QUIT SENDING PEOPLE AWAY THAT CAN ACCOMPLISH GOOD WORK. JFC. THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 14 PEOPLE HERE. WE HAVE 3. 3 PEOPLE. 2 of which are rank ass noobs when it comes to anything more complicated than step by step directions for any task. 1 of which called a freaking corded hand drill a grease gun. and seriously meant it.
Man, Mcdonalds is cheap. I could totally live off this for a week.
- Post a Modified version the persons above you's picture.
- Post a picture of yourself.
- Don't get upset about what someone did to your photo. (it's all in good fun)
- Keep it safe for work.
- Tag the person so they can see your awesome art skills :D
@Kip, I know it's your fault. What, you ask?
Well, it's simple elementary. When you left the bloody knife at the crime scene of the first victim, you knew that the fingerprints would be found. which is why you had Mrs. Janis cover it all and burn it. At the second scene, your expert sense of intuition allowed you to play the nyan cat song at full volume at the right point in time to cause a forensics agent to drop the evidence containing your DNA. The destruction of the control panel for the alarm system you had blaring that song (which is still playing, btw) gave you ample time to lay the pieces down for the final act of your crime.
There was one package of ramen left in my pantry. All your crimes and plotting to get me away from my house so that you could pay the Ex-con to steal that ramen. How Do I know this? You ate sloppy, my friend. there are noodles on your shirt.
I've spent too much time making a comic ;.;
No offense taken xD i might have been logic and deductive reasoning too hard.
Technically, comics and manga, are almost virtually the same, probably their cliques and origins of creation is what sets them apart essentially.
Refer to template pages for manga vs pages for comics, story flow, thematic angles of shots, the direction they're bloody read in. Manga can be described as a specific form of comic, but comics can not be described as manga.
I'm sorry, I couldn't let that one slide. I've been filling in for my comic author friend.
Onto the real topic, Anime is a collective group that contains and can be synonymous with cartoons, depending on the object in reference, and language used.
- The story and framing of shots are what artistically describe anime in art form.
- Asian originated drawn motion pictures are what weebo slang defines as anime.
- By literal definition: a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children.
- By translated definition: The technique of photographing successive drawings or positions of puppets or models to create an illusion of movement when the movie is shown as a sequence.
Spongebob is anime. RWBY is anime. Digimon is anime. Bleach is anime.
It really depends on you, and who you're talking to. In checklist form (checklists are fun!):
- not real people in front of a camera
- you're speaking english
- you don't have an art degree, or the ability to analyze shots and scenes for cultural styles and differences.
- you're not a dirty weebo
Call it anime or a cartoon. Nobody should care, it's about enjoying a thingy. Not so much what the exact word for the thingy is.
It's all Loki's fault that my friend isn't updating his webcomic.
... what is this even?
Yup. Everyone has to make an account, and add everyone else as friends first though.